Membership dues may be accessed by logging into your member account here*. Dues invoices will not be mailed. Dues not paid by January 1st was charged an additional $35 late fee. Dues must be paid by February 2nd to avoid a termination of membership. Access to SentriLock and SMAR Forms is cut off. Once membership is terminated, there is a $200 reinstatement fee to rejoin plus all outstanding REALTOR® fees. There is also a $50 reactivation fee for SentriLock cards. See below for notification schedule.
Note: Only credit card payments accepted after January 15, 2018.
SentriLock bills are invoiced separately. You will see a "Subscription Renewal" for $125, if applicable.
REALTOR® Dues Dollars at Work (NAR, MD REALTORS® & SMAR):
- Standardized Real Estate Forms reviewed by Legal Council
- Forms Software (DotLoop Premium - $348 annual value & ZipForms Plus - $199 annual value)
- MRIS (a Bright MLS) Discount - $360 annual savings
- Advocacy (monitoring Real Estate Legislative Issues for starters)
- MAR Legal Hotline - $250 annual value (based on 2 hours of attorney time at $125 per hour)
- Ombudsman, Mediation & Professional Standards Services
- REALTORS® Property Resource
- REALTORS® Content Resource
- and more - Click here for more information.
Be a member of the REALTOR® Party - don't forget your annual investment in your business by contributing the minimum fair share of $35 to RPAC (REALTOR® Political Action Committee). You will have the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution when you pay your dues online.
Please remember: In addition to collecting the local (SMAR) portion of dues, SMAR is required to collect Maryland REALTORS® and NAR dues which are immediately distributed when paid online. In addition, memberships fees are separate from MRIS and payments are NOT automatic - SMAR does not keep credit cards on file.
*If you have not already done so, you must activate your account on our member website to pay dues. Call SMAR at 301-274-4406 with login questions.
- Click here to login
- Every member already has a preset (temporary) login ID
Preset user name: your email address on file with SMAR
Preset password: Password1 (capital P is required)
- You will be asked to establish more permanent logins immediately. Once you do, click the “My Transaction” tab to get started paying dues. Then click on "Pay Open Orders" to the right of the orders drop down menu.
2017-18 Primary REALTOR® Dues Breakdown
Please remember: In addition to collecting the local (SMAR) portion of dues, SMAR is required to collect the Maryland REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) dues which are immediately distributed to Maryland REALTORS® and NAR.
|Total with RPAC||Total without RPAC|
There is a separate $125 Annual Subscription fee on the account of SentriLock participants.
*The 2018 Maryland REALTORS® nondeductible portion portion of dues attributed to lobbying programs is $19. **National Association of REALTORS®. For 2018 with dues at $120 per member, NAR computes 43 percent or $52 to be nondeductible for the member's income tax purposes due to NAR lobbying efforts. Please note that the entire $35 Consumer Advertising Campaign special assessment qualifies as fully deductible. In addition, contributions (including member dues) to NAR are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. However, they may be tax deductible under other provisions of the Internal Revenue Code. Compliance with the Tax Reform Act of 1993 requires that the portion of dues attributable to lobbying and political activities at the State and Federal levels of government be considered nondeductible for income tax purposes. This nondeductible portion must be disclosed to members on their dues invoice each year.
***REALTOR Political Action Committee (RPAC). RPAC performs critical services protecting REALTORS® from harmful legislation while advocating the protection of private property rights and supporting legislation that protects and enhances the real estate industry. If you make a contribution to RPAC, please note the following: Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may contribute more or less than the suggested amount. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS or any of its state or local associations will not favor or disfavor any members because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by your state PAC to support state and local political candidates. Until your state PAC reaches its RPAC goal, 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116. After the state RPAC reaches its RPAC goal it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.
Pay online by logging into your member account smar.realtor
Dues Notification Timeline for 2017-18 Dues
***Pay by Nov 20th and be entered to win a 1 of 5 $25 Wawa gift cards***
Note: All notifications are sent to members who have NOT paid their dues. If you think you receive a notice in error, please contact SMAR's Billing Department at 301-274-4406 or via email to verify your payment status. Thank you.
Important Dates for UNPAID Dues:
- Dec 2nd - a $35 late fee is added to the balance due
- Jan 2nd – an additional $35 late fee is added to the balance due
- Feb 2nd – REALTOR® Membership is terminated. Access to SentriLock and SMAR Forms is cut off. Once membership is terminated, there is a $200 reinstatement fee to rejoin plus all outstanding REALTOR® fees. There is also a $50 reactivation fee for SentriLock cards.
- Certified letter to Brokers – non-member licensees fee due in 30 days (non-payment office membership will be terminated)