2019-2020 President Chris Hill reflected on his term and the many accomplishments SMAR has achieved.
Chris mentioned of myriad of items that were achieved to benefit the members during the last twelve months, including:
- Developed a full-scale professional marketing plan, that ties into many facets of the Strategic Plan
- Development of a full rebranded website that mirrors the marketing plan
- Implementation of a new RAMCO database
- SMAR Cares – a 501 (c)3 charitable foundation was formed
- Provided an elevated Awards Banquet with many audio-visual nuances that were well received by attendees, along with upscale food and bar items
- Promoted and provided a variety of virtual offerings, including political forums, an educational summit with NAR leading presenters, new member orientation, and a key industry leadership series
- Board of Directors, Committees, and Staff meetings were all conducted virtually as we had to adjust to the pandemic, and still continue to work
- SMAR Start was developed as a mentoring program for new members, facilitated by tenured leaders in the profession
Chris also announced the 2020 Officer and Director Election Results.
President-Elect - Gregg Kantak
Vice President - Bernadette Cole
Secretary/Treasurer - Lindsay Clark
Calvert County Director - Judy Szynborski
Charles County Directors - Tracy Vasquez and Annette Matthews
St. Mary's County Director - Patrick Dugan
These leaders along with carry over Officers and Directors will be installed October 28th at Middleton Hall.