SMAR is pleased to offer a variety of online classes including:
- Continuing education through The CE Shop.
- NAR Designation and Certification courses through the Center for REALTOR® Development.
- Skill-Based training has topics to help you build your business, managing your cash flow, developing a business plan and more!
- Commitment to Excellence is a new, online program offered by the National Association of Realtors® to help Realtors® demonstrate professionalism and dedication to conducting business at the highest standards
15 Hour & Commercial Class Packages Available!
Click the icon above or here to visit The CE Shop's Website Course Topics through The CE Shop Include*:
- DL/Breaking Barriers: Fair Housing - 1.5 CEU's Mandatory
- DL/Diversity: Your Kaleidoscope of Clients - 1.5 CEU's Mandatory
- DL/2013-2014 Maryland Legal Update - 3 CEU's Mandatory
- DL/Maryland Ethics - 3 CEU's Mandatory
- DL/MREC Agency-Residential - 3 CEU's Mandatory
- DL/MREC Required Supervision Course - 3 CEU's Mandatory
- DL/Advocating for Short Sale Clients - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Basics of Real Estate Taxation - 4.5 CEU's Elective
- DL/Did You Serve? Identifying Homebuying Advantage for Veterans - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Foundations of Real Estate Finance - 6 CEU's Elective
- DL/From Contract to Keys: The Mortgage Process - 6 CEU's Elective
- DL/Going Green: The Environmental Movement in Real Estate - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Hot Market Strategies - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Keeping it Honest: Understanding Real Estate & Mtg Fraud - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Online Risk Management - 1.5 CEU's Elective
- DL/Personal Safety - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Residential Property Management Essentials - 4.5 CEU's Elective
- DL/Sign Here: Contract Law on E-Signatures - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Title and Escrow: Two Families, One Transaction - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Uncle Sam Has Homes for Sale: Listing & Selling HUD Homes - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Anatomy of Commercial Building - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Commercial Landlord Representation - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Determining Value of Commercial Properties - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/Investment Strategies in Commercial Real Estate - 3 CEU's Elective
- DL/The Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate - 3 CEU's Elective
*Please visit smar.theceshop.com for up-to-date course ferings and approvals.
Take NAR Designation and Certification Classes online through REALTOR® University. REALTOR® University has been fully accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the US Department of Education. Learn more here.
Build Your Skills
NAR Designations & Certifications allow you to: add prestige to enhance your professional image, gain new expertise, acquire specialized knowledge, increase your value, marketability, proficiency and productivity.Click on the links below for more information.
- AHWD (At Home with Diversity)
- BPOR (Broker Price Opinion Resource)
- MRP (Military Relocation Professional)
- RSPS (Resort & Second Home Property Specialist)
- SFR (Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource)
- ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative)
- ALC (Accredited Land Consultants)
- CIPS (Certified International Property Specialist)
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
- SRS (Seller Representative Specialist)
- SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist)
Information found below includes courses from the SBDC (Southern MD Development Centers) and the University of Maryland.
SBDC (Southern MD Development Centers)
The SBDC (Southern MD Development Centers) offers comprehensive no-cost and low-cost online training. The modules are designed to provide information and guidance to entrepreneurs in various stages of growth. From Developing a Business Plan, to Analyzing Your Competition, there is something for everyone.
Some courses are short videos and others are approximately 45 to 90 minutes long and contain audio, high-end graphics, interactive case studies, resources and worksheets to help you gain a better understanding of the subject.
Available at your convenience, these modules offer an excellent way to work training into your busy schedule. Over 25 subjects are available --some are even in Spanish. Some titles include:
- Developing a Business Plan
- Conducting a Marketing Analysis
- Analyze your Competition
- Targeting Your Market
- Managing Your Cash Flow
- Running a Profitable Company
- Creating a Profit and Loss Statement
- Analyzing Your Financial Ratios
- Promoting Your Business
- Advertising Your Business
- Building a Web Site...
More online classes are available through our partnership with CSM! [more details]
University of Maryland
UMD’s Massive Open Online Courses
Complete class list may be found here: www.coursera.org/
Commitment to Excellence
Be an advocate for the future of our industry. Be committed to excellence.
The National Association of REALTORS® proudly introduces Commitment to Excellence (C2EX), a program that empowers REALTORS® to demonstrate their professionalism and commitment to conducting business at the highest standards.
REALTORS® defined professionalism in this industry more than 100 years ago when they created the Code of Ethics. C2EX takes professionalism to the next level by enabling NAR members to assess their expertise in 10 (11 for brokers) elements of professionalism ranging from customer service to use of technology.
This innovative engagement tool encourages participation in all levels of the REALTOR® organization. It’s not a designation or a course. It’s not a requirement, but a benefit available to all NAR members at no additional cost.
To get started, log in to www.C2EX.realtor and take the self-assessment that measures your proficiency in each of the elements of professionalism, known as the C2EX Competencies. Based on your results, the platform will generate customized learning paths, recommend experiences, and provide tools and resources to increase your knowledge and enhance your skillsets.
Watch this video to learn more about the Commitment to Excellence program:
Be an advocate for the future of our industry. Be committed to excellence. Go to www.C2EX.realtor to get started!